Wednesday 17 March 2010

Its a little while since I last wrote anything, so i'll give a quick update of progress over the last week. Didn't do too much last week after the Grantham ultra, just a steady 5km on wednesday. Saturday was the Grindleford Gallop with Viki and Jo, a hilly 21 miles through the peak district with 300ft of elevation change. The weather was kind, and the scenary great so time passed quickly, I was pretty pleased with my time of 3hrs25mins. I was also testing out my new kit, a pair of saucony trail shoes and a camelbak, both worked really well, although I got a few blisters having not worn the shoes in properly first. The next day I even managed to do another 11 miles off road up to the eccup reservoir along the meanwood valley trail, a good weekends training.
So far this week i've taken it pretty easy, went to the gym yesterday and i might go out for a run this evening too if legs feel up to it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed you can run with your Camelback.
    I hate mine. I wear it for normal everyday stuff (kind of need to up here), but find it shuffles too much when I'm running and makes my shoulders hurt...

    ReplyDelete