Thursday 4 March 2010

Ok, time to catch up with the blog!
Last sunday was the sleaford half marathon-a good bit of training under race conditions. The weather was a little cold and windy, but the course was relatively flat (it was in Lincolnshire!). The only real difficulty was the 2 mile section down the viking way, which was pretty tricky with all the mud. I didn't feel too great during the race, having a bit of a sore throat following a night out on the friday. Saying that it went ok, with a race time of about 1.39. Not a P.B., but respectable nethertheless.

Since then its been a couple of gentle gym sessions this week prior to my first big test in the build up to iceland...my first ultra! On saturday i'm (attempting) to do the grantham ultra marathon...its only slightly longer than a marathon (29.3 miles), and is completely flat, but its the furthest i'll have ever run, so i'm a bit nervous...there is even an option to run back on the sunday to make it nearly 60 miles in 2 days! Not sure about that one! I've also ordered some trail shoes and a camelbak, hopefully I should be able to try them out over the next week or so.

Wish me look for saturday! I'll probably be hobling all next week!

3 comments:

  1. Crazy Boy!

    Remember the LPool HM? We couldnt walk for a week after...

    How things change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luck :)

    Camelbaks are awesome, I have one for my long bike rides. Sensational idea!!

    ReplyDelete